Blog Archive

13 January 2009

an end of an era

tomorrow is my last day at escuela after a bit over four years. it's a welcome change though i will miss specific things about being in soho daily & the work & the challenge. leaving my professional life is a huge change but as i always said & maintain it to be true: i am not the work i do. it is a means to the rest of my life which means much more than working & the identity around it to me. my real life has a lot of wonderful things in it that i can now tend to with gusto: the snapdragon, machiavelli & tenzin lama & heng ji & myself. it is going to be an interesting ride. i am sure i will be talking about it with vigor.
the great thing to remember & i will remind myself here: there is another professional adventure ahead once this other adventure with the snapdragon is on a schedule where she can be learning, growing & having fun. i look forward to that professional adventure when it comes.

No comments: